About Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage of Augusta and Scarborough ME Movers
Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage is a Full-Service Moving Company
Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage, Augusta and Scarborough, ME movers, is a full-service moving company serving New England and beyond. Ervine B. Allen started the business in 1950. Since then, we have grown over the years into a company that can move items both nationally and internationally.
Norman Allen, Ervine’s son, was the President and CEO of Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage since 1974. In 2002, Allen’s transferred ownership to Donald Oldakowski and Gordon Eglintine. The growth and continued success of our family and community focused company is important to him. Our phones answer 24 hours a day, so call (207) 623-3875 or 1-800-452-1982. Contact us about the affordable residential or commercial moving service or storage service that you need. Our company is also proud to team up with Daniels Moving & Storage to help with your move. We are military approved.
Get to Know Co-Owner Don Oldakowski
Co-Owner Don Oldakowski is a Plymouth State University alumnus. He was a Realtor at Wright Realty through 1998. He joined the van line industry in sales with North American Van Lines. Oldakowski later joined Allen’s Mayflower as the Sales and Operations manager for Southern Maine. He established several corporate accounts while managing a team of 14 movers.
Don later became the Vice President of Sales in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. He operated three locations which handled $13 to 15 million in sales each year. That helped establish a commercial department. He became a certified moving and storage salesperson through AMSA. He is also:
- Certified Moving and Storage Salesperson through AMSA
- SIRVA Relocation Certified Mobility Management Consultant
- SIRVA Elite Sales team (traveled the US on corporate meetings)
- Multiple years as top growth for Hauling, Sales and trained multiple top region sales reps for ALLIED and North American Van Lines
- Speaker at North American Van Lines conventions on Sales best practices and Corporate Opportunities
This includes being the top sales growth rep in the Nation in 2007. He has been a top 20 corporate salesperson 10 years in a row. Don established accounts with IDEXX, Laboratories, ME Health, Dartmouth, HCA Healthcare, Jackson Labs, E and I Consortium, MHEC, and many more. Don is a member of multiple organizations and local charities over the years.
His job duties were to close HHG and Commercial business, oversee and manage operations teams, assist in dispatching of interstate moves involving COD and Corporate Moves, and compliance with van lines rules and regulations. He also assists with claims on corporate moves.
Former CEO Norman Allen was Deeply Involved in the Community
Former Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage CEO Norman Allen was involved with Kiwanis since 1977. He served in many positions, and held all offices after becoming president of the organization in 1991. He was on the Board of Directors for the Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce. Norman took office in 1996. Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage is involved in a number of memberships and associations, including:
- American Moving & Storage Association
- Massachusetts Movers Association, Inc.
- Maine Motor Transport Association
- Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Biddeford-Saco Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Greater Portland Board of Realtors®
- Bath-Brunswick Region Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary International™
- The Barbara Bush Center
- Business Network International®
- Waterville Chamber of Commerce
- Lewiston-Auburn Chamber of Commerce
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce
Our Employees Have Strong Interests in Charities and Organizations
Everyone employed at Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage has a strong interest in serving Augusta, Portland, and the region. We volunteer at the MDA Golf Tournament, various walk-a-thons, Bowl for Kids’ Sake, and more. Our moving and storage experts are encouraged to participate in community events. Some of our involvement includes:
- The Girl Scouts®
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- Various Walk-a-Thons
- Charity Event Participation is Encouraged Throughout the Company
- MDA Golf Tournament
- Little Brothers and Little Sisters
- The Spirit of Christmas Event, Where Our Employees Provide for Needy Families and Children
- And many more!
To schedule moves with our dedicated Augusta and Scarborough, ME movers, call Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage today!
Historical Highlights of Our Augusta and Scarborough ME Movers
We take pride in providing these historical highlights of our company, offering Augusta and Scarborough, ME movers to the region:
- Ervine B. Allen starts Allen’s Transfer & Storage.
- Allen’s Transfer operated out of the basement of a five-floor building on Willow Street in Augusta, ME. We had 12 employees, six trucks, and a couple of tractor-trailers for household relocations.
- In September of 1978, Allen’s moved to a newly constructed 17,000 square feet facility on Civic Center Drive in Augusta. The facility accommodated all phases of the household moving and storage business.
- We added an additional 7,000 square feet to our 17,000 square-foot household moving facility at Civic Center Drive.
- In September of 1987, we expanded our facility by adding 17,000 square feet, making it 41,000 square feet.
- An addition is made to our household division of 168 West Street in Biddeford, ME.
- Our moving company made an addition to our household division at 3 Karen Drive in Westbrook, ME.
Moving? Need Storage?
Request a FREE quote for any of our services today!
Allen’s Transfer Moving & Storage’s Service Area Includes:
Somerset County, ME
Franklin County, ME
Aroostook County, ME
Hancock County, ME
Waldo County, ME
Knox County, ME
Lincoln County, ME
Oxford County, ME
Piscataquis County, ME
Washington County, ME